lauantai 14. huhtikuuta 2018

Rainbow the Gig

Well, I was pretty exciting to see, hear and catch the Rainbow for the first time and maybe the last in my life. Few years ago I had L.A.Connection and visited zero one, Rainbow Bar and Grill which gave name to this great band, I thought it's pity I couldn't see Rainbow. But I couldn't see the future even though wasn't lost in Hollywood like Blackmore was.
When I arrived to the Arena, the temple hall of the mountain king, I felt power and magic. "Tonight is mine, bring on the night, not only Blackmore's night, 'cause I want to enjoy this marvellous music all night long", I said to myself. I took self portrait with my friends and went to my seat.
Gig started pretty lame but soon there was a light in the black. I really fancy 70's songs, so it's no time to lose. I'm a bit stargazer, you know. I want to makin' love with you with my rainbow eyes, so make your move Ritchie, hunting humans you guitar wizard. Well, I also know it's too late for tears.
My desperate heart got what it wanted and then I didn't miss mistreated. Old, wonderful songs hit straight between my eyes. I could see and hear man on the silver mountain with a glorious guitar: If you don't like rock 'n' roll don't come here. Rock fever came to the Arena. In air we all felt Ariel around us.
Blackmore has been kind of black sheep of the family when he played in Deep Purple. I don't care less, careless. For me in music love's no friend. In music, tite squeeze in music is the most important thing. It's like call of the wild, survival of the fittest or midtown tunnel vision. Of course, you may say "do you close your eyes", but I say "long live rock 'n' roll".
Very often there's a moment during the gig when eyes of fire changes sensitive to light. Even the hardest bands play some ballads like yesterday we dropped from heaven down the earth. Rising back isn't always easy 'cause silence sometimes kill the king and then it's difficult to cure back. Then happened somethin' that can't happened here...
Baseplayer wanted to surprise Mr Blackmore and sing "happy birthday" for him. We all know that Ritchie Blackmore doesn't like surprises. What the hell you were thinking to go danger zone? Is there anybody there up yours brains? Do you want to be fool for the night? We fans knew that somethin' will happen but what we didn't know that the guy opened gates of babylon. Blackmore walked to the shadows and looked pretty pissed off. I don't know how long he was somewhere but he was even more stone cold than before. Everything changed in that moment. I could feel the silence and pleasure was tearin' out my heart. We didn't see fire dance anymore.
Me, myself, I, the whole attendance and he singer decided to save somethin' and he started to sing with us but it was too late: no release. The band missed one song somehow and the rest was history: no encore...can' let you go. Of course encore is not obligatory but advisable. Many people stand and fight for 15 minutes but nothin' happened. I said to myself 10 minutes earlier "I surrender". Since you been gone, Ritchie Blackmore, do you feel any shame? In your best you can run with the wolf to the moon and to be real snake charmer or death alley driver. Very often you're like the shed snowman with black masquerade on your face. Then you're stranger in us all. Your fans needed more than you gave us.
Still I'm sad and stranded ten hours after the gig: from street of dreams to cold hearted woman. I'm freedom fighter bent out of shape. I can't understand what you did for us. Some of us waited all of our life you and Rainbow to come. Tarot woman, lady of the lake, tell us what really happened, please. Even though the gig was great, not awesome but great. We didn't hear any shit from sixteeth centuty greensleeves, only rock and roll. In a way I'm a bit starstruck. Thank you for that you came to Finland. Somehow I can taste the shit in my mouth even though my ears feel fine and my heart is greatful. Maybe next time you behave like an adult, not like a spotlight kid.

Doubt thou the stars are fire;
Doubt the sun doth move;
Doubt truth to be a liar;
But never doubt I love.

- William Shakespeare -



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti